What's in the store for literature lovers in this lockdown phase?
Dear literature lovers, we hope you are okay. Things are getting out of hands in terms of the coronavirus pandemic and people all over the world are upset, confused and in emotional trouble over this new lifestyle that is likely to spent within the walls surrounding all of us for many coming days. How did you prepare yourself? Are you ready with the period of quarantine? Have your made your booklist yet? Here we are with the list of books that you should read when it comes to home confinement.
- Chanakya's Chant by Ashwin Sanghi: Are you a fan of mythological novels? Even if you are not, you will certainly like this work that details the life of Chanakya and also brings to life a related story which takes the readers to the scenario in present with a certain Pandit Gangasagar Mishra who decides to overthrow the corrupt government and install on able as prime minister.
- 13 Untitled and Weird Poems: This is a collection of 13 poems by noted Indian English poet Alok Mishra. This book will bring to life the concept of disillusionment and also detachment to an extent by taking the readers to the weird world of thoughts which are mostly rare today. If you are fan of modern Indian English poetry, you will love this title. However, if you are not a fan, you may become one.
- The Guide by R. K. Narayan: How many of you love reading classic Indian novels? The Guide is a work in the category which has become rarer choice of readers today. However, once you begin reading this novel, you will realise the mastery of this novelist over the work of literary fiction that he used to create with his wonderful imagination and his command on the Indian philosophy and thoughts. In this short description, a short The Guide review, I can only say that you MUST read this work!
- The Penthouse by Niraj Sharma: Well, this is a very new novel on the desk. However, this novel has been rated rather favourable by the book reviewers in India and therefore I am recommending this Italian crime thriller for the reading list of this and the next month. You should be able to see the newness that this novel brings to the usual crime genre by Indian authors.
- Moral Fiber by Shawn Vij: Shawn Vij's motivational non-fiction title Moral Fiber is a book that has been recommended by readers at large on Goodreads and also has so many recommendation reviews on Amazon India website. The readers have generally liked the way Shawn has described the need to maintain one's natural instincts and understand what are the important things in life and what things are there to be managed. He has written about the methods that can help people maintain the decorum of corporate life and yet not give in to the lucrative evils that come one's way... money is important but more important is the way you present yourself in life.
So, readers, this is my first list of books for the days to come ahead, in the near future. If we move ahead with the same in-house lifestyle, I will come with more books in my next articles. For the present, have your time spent wisely by reading books, these or others, and stay positive. We will come through this pandemic as we have braved many in our glorious past. All the best and stay safe!
By Rajnish for IamReading Book Blog